Monday, July 23, 2007

Just My Luck. I have an addiction and I'm proud of it.

Why do some people get all the luck?

There are those who are born rich and can spend all their not-so-hard-earned money in whatever they want. Then there are those who are born just-so-gosh-darn beautiful they can just snap their fingers and get anything they ask for. SCREECH!!! (for those who can't get it, it's a sound made by a car when it stops to a "screeching" halt, therefore screech) Is this all even true? Is there proof that these so-called people can do all of these things without even a single drop of sweat?

Well, I do know some people who are exaggeratedly rich and they do sometimes get whatever they want but i think they still work for it. Nowadays, money is really hard to find. Unless one has a big fat bank account that overflows with money. Now wouldn't that be awfully nice?

I have a confession. I am a shopaholic. When I have money I just have this urge to buy clothes, skin care products and make-up whenever I get the chance to step somewhere that has a price tag on it. It's like an addiction. I know it sounds really bad but I just can't stop the urge, even if it's just a measly pen that has cute characters on it that I'm not even aware of or those adorable little notebooks that pile up on my dresser because I don't get to use all of it.

I am a fresh grad and because my parents are so nice, they tucked away my atm card till I finally got my first paycheck (which I must say was immediately non-existent once I stepped inside the mall). Now, I'm up to my neck with receipts and I'm still craving for more.

How does one stop this kind of craving? I know it's definitely not in our medicine cupboard. I guess restraint is the only cure. Or have someone hide your atm card to keep you from spending way too much more than is intended for one little person.


No comments: